Safe Environments provides floor suppliers, architects, and construction companies slip resistance testing surface to apply slip ratings to construction materials and new buildings.
We provide the new 2013 testing to AS 4586 so that you can assess compliance with the new Building Code of Australia requirements and Standards Australia HB 198:2014 slip recommendations.
By ensuring that proposed surface finishes and new floors to construction sites are slip tested and meet the slip resistance requirements and recommendations this greatly reduces property risk from slips and falls.
NATA accredited – slip ratings you can rely on
Our slip ratings that we apply to flooring surfaces are endorsed by the National Association of Testing Authorities (NATA) ensuring quality and consistency by qualified scientists that you can rely on. Safe Environments can undertake the following slip ratings:
- R ratings using the oil wet ramp test
- P ratings using the wet pendulum slip test
- D ratings using dry Floor Friction Test
- A, B & C ratings to the wet barefoot ramp test
Let Safe Environments simply the process by specifying slip ratings for your next project
Our experts are scientists and safety consultants, many with post graduate qualification to provide in depth understanding and reducing your risk as a specifier, or construction company. We also offer slip ratings after accelerated wear conditioning protocol to assess how the slip ratings may change over time. With offices in Sydney and Melbourne we are here to assist:
- Construction companies;
- Stone suppliers
- Ceramic tile suppliers
- Vinyl & resilient flooring suppliers
- Timber suppliers
- Concrete industry
- Paints, epoxies and polymer floor coatings
- Anti-slip and non-slip treatment companies that improve slip ratings
As well as our NATA endorsed slip ratings to the 2013 and 2004 versions of AS 4586, non-NATA slip ratings can be conducted to:
- AS/NZS 3661.1:1993 Slip resistance of pedestrian surfaces – Requirements
- BS 7976-2:2002 Pendulum testers. Method of operation
- Many other tests that provide slip ratings – call us to help provide slip ratings for your product to a specified standard
Please contact Safe Environments to discuss how we may assist on providing slip ratings to your flooring products or to your construction site, prior to handover of a new building.
Be absolutely assured. Safe Environments is NATA accredited for Noise testing
Ensure a Safe Environment
For more information on noise testing or management please contact one of Safe Environments Occupational Hygienists or Noise Consultants located in the following Australian cities: